This blog is intended for Malaysian Chinese only. This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact admin at rockyourlife2011@hotmail.com. This blog does not accept any form of advertising, sponsorship, or paid insertions. We write for our own purposes. However, we may be influenced by our background, occupation, religion, political affiliation or experience. The compensation received will never influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Those advertisements will be identified as paid advertisements. The owner of this blog is not compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owners. If we claim or appear to be experts on a certain topic or product or service area, we will only endorse products or services that we believe, based on our expertise, are worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. This blog does contain content which might present a conflict of interest. This content may not always be identified.

Saturday 11 June 2011

THE MALAYSIAN MANGLISH - ROJAK!!


What is Manglish and What is Malaysian English. Manglish is not Malaysian English, and Malaysian English is not Manglish.

The Manglish is the Mangled English. The vocabulary of Manglish consists of words originating from English, Malay, Hokkien, Mandarin, Cantonese, and Tamil.

The Malaysian English, on the other hand, is the Malaysian Standard English, which is a form of English used and spoken in Malaysia as a second language. Malaysian English should not be confused with Malaysian Colloquial English which is famously known as Manglish.

Below is a joke, one big joke on our Malaysian Manglish.
Even an Englishman cannot construct sentences using numeric, which is exclusive only to Malaysians and Singaporeans.

Ah Beng was asked to make a sentence using
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9,10.

Not only did he do it 1 to 10, he did it again from 10 back to 1.This is what he came up with…..
1 day I go 2 climb a 3 outside a house to peep. But the couple saw me, so I panic and 4down. The man rushed out and wanted to 5 with me. I ran until I fell 6 and threw up. So I go into 7-eleven and grabbed some 8 to throw at him. Then I took a 9 and try to stab at him.10 God he run away.
10 I put the 9 back and pay for the 8 and left 7-eleven.
Next day I called my boss and told him I was 6. He said 5 , tomorrow also no need to come back 4 work. He also asked me to go climb a 3 and jump down! I don’t understand. I am so nice 2 him but I don’t know what he 1

Sorry to those who are not Malaysians (Singaporeans can understand, too!). Malaysia is the BolehLand. Anything can happen in the country. It depends on how creative you are! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...